Creating temporary table

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Tue Dec 9 20:42:59 CST 2003

>> But I wonder, why right now you can't just recreate cursor 1 ?
>>
>> I think Valentina will do this fast.
>>

> Funny you should ask -- I was going to explore saving the query and
> adding/subtracting to it and just requerying the database (until 2.0
> comes out). It will probably be fast enough (although not as fast as
> subsearching a cursor I would think).

It is fast. I'm doing it for my application. A table with about 5000 records
takes less than a second (PowerMac G4 5Mhz). It looks instantaneous... Even
if the index is not involved because I need to use "LIKE" SQL keyword. In
fact, I redo the query for each letter typed in the search field and we
don't feel it. Valentina is very fast!

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>