errors 54 and 57

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 9 23:25:47 CST 2003

on 12/9/03 11:17 PM, Tim Davis at timdavis at amug.org wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
>> It seems to me, it crashes because you have in the table Inventory
>> BaseObject method "cColHdr1" that have wrong formula
>> "BaseComp.tFirstName"
>>
>> Am I right, it is wrong ?
>
> Probably is. What would be appropriate to bring in a parent value?
> I suppose I could instead simply do a query that includes the parent
> fields.

Hi Tim,

You mean from other related table ?
There is no way in 1.x

Hmm, we have not think on this point for 2.0 yet.

So task is next:

-- we have 2 tables.
    One table point second by ObjectPtr

        T1 { a1, a2, ptr, ... }   ->     T2 { b1, b2 }

                             M     :      1

-- you want be able in the left table define BaseObject methods using values
of fields from right table, yes?

    This is possible because left record point only ONE right record.

-- I think we can use the next syntax then

        ma = (a1 + ptr->b1) * ptr->b2

This syntax is similar to SQL99 syntax, when we access related table by
pointer.

Also this syntax is safe in case we have 2 or more ObjectPtrs between
tables.

And probably must be way extend this on FOREIGN KEY link also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com