[V4Rb] Error 346

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Tue Dec 9 13:50:02 CST 2003

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 01:26  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 12/9/03 8:22 PM, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:
>
>>> Again, this is not Valentina specific. This is STANDARD RULE.
>>>

>> And I believe it.  But what I am saying is that Valentina returns
>> correct data for the query
>>
>> SELECT
>>    Matters.matter_name,
>>    Matters.last_changed,           <<<<<<<<<< this is normal field.
>>    SUM(TimeEntries.time_worked)
>> FROM
>>    Matters,
>>    TimeEntries
>> GROUP BY
>>    Matters.matter_name
>>
>> So is this a bug in Valentina?
>
> Yes, glitch
>
> BTW, Right now I work on 2.0 SQL nodes for AGGR funcs and group by to
> do
> this correctly.
>

>> And why does the following query fail with error 346?
>
> I think this can be RecID specific problem.
>
> You can try workaround -- make BaseObject method ULONG = recID.

This works.  But the query

SELECT
   Matters.Key,
   Billing_People.Key,
   SUM(time_worked)
FROM
   Matters,
   TimeEntries,
   Billing_People
GROUP BY
   Matters.Key,
   Billing_People.Key

again fails with error 346.  Apparently the SQL parser isn't using the
table names.  But all problems will be fixed in 2.0, I bet.

Charles Yeomans