[VSDK] Framework prebinding

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 6 08:21:00 CST 2003

on 12/5/03 11:56 PM, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:

>> That why Apple says about Fastest, smallest: "Performs all  optimizations
>> that do not typically increase code size. This is the preferred option  for
>> shipping code as it gives your executable a smaller memory footprint."
>>

> Unrolling of loops  is what I know the thing that creates fast but
> large code, aggresive inlinging also.

Hi Totte,

Not so far I have hear unexpected thing:

    inline functions can SLOW DOWN the whole system.

    because their code is spread in app exe file,
    and will be needed time to load it into cache each time.
    if that function is not inlined then its code can be in
    CPU cache all time.

Of course this is not always is true.

I'd say this CAN BE TRUE sometimes.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com