problem with multiplatform index in valentina for Director

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 3 13:45:52 CST 2003

on 12/3/03 12:14 PM, Carlo Sacchetti at carlo.sacchetti at tin.it wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> as you told me, I tried to reindex DB by Valentina Studio for Win. Actually
> index in Win are now working but no longer index in Mac. In other words if I
> index with Mac, Mac is working but Win is not working and if I index in Win,
> Win is working and Mac is not. This is the problem. The programming must be
> right, because if it was wrong it would not be working in any platform. I
> can't install two DB, but the same DB must work in two platform.
>

> The string I am using as an example is "SELECT myFind FROM Verses  WHERE
> (myText = 'word' ) AND ( myOrder >= 1 AND myOrder <= 73  ) ORDER BY
> myOrder,chapterv,versev"

Carlo,

1) What LANGUAGE is specified for myText field?
        am I right that its myText field cause you problems.

What language has text which you store in database?

I think problem is in WRONG language for field.
Please check this.

To see wrong indexing, must be possible to use simple query as
        SELECT myFind FROM Verses  WHERE myText = 'word' ?
So why you show such big query?

It MUST work, Carlo!

We have a lots of V4MD developers that make CDs for both platforms,
And was no big complains. Only sometimes about german umlauts

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com