[VSDK] Index path

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Wed Dec 3 02:22:32 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

Would you mind to add a member function to VDK_DataBase so we can set a
different path for the index (.ind) file? It may looks like this:

FBL_EXP virtual void SetIndexPath(const char* inIndexFullPath);

The problem is this. I will ship my application with a built database w/o
the index file, to save download. However, once installed, it is not
guaranteed that the user of my application will have the write permission to
the application package. So, I see 2 solutions:

1) Write a tool that I call with the authentication service just to create
the index.

2) I place the index somewhere I'm sure every user have the write permission
(i.e. Inside the Home tree).

I prefer 2), since I think also it is better to not alter the application
package once on a user machine. Also, the user may need to ask another user
to come an authenticate him/herself just for that.

For you, it should not be too difficult, since it is only at the opening of
the index file it makes a difference?

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>