Re-sorting FBL_ArraySet?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Dec 1 00:14:20 CST 2003

on 12/1/03 12:08 AM, Arthur Clemens at aclemens at xs4all.nl wrote:

>>> Is it possible to sort an already sorted ArraySet with a different
>>> sort
>>> order?
>>
>> Of course you can!
>> This is just array of longs.
>>

> In the header file I only find a Sort() method, and no way to pass
> parameters such as ascending or sort field.
>
> if I do (VDK_BaseObject)
> FBL_ArraySet* Sort( FBL_Set* inSet, VDK_Field& inSortField, bool
> inAscending = true );
> ... I get a *new* ArraySet.
>
> What other options do I have?

Aha, so you want sort some selection of records in other way.

Then you must then send your sorted ArraySet into first parameter of Sort().
And yes, Valentina will create new ArraySet as result.

This is because Valentina internally use other complex structures for
sorting, and to keep RAM usage minimal original array is destroyed after
Valentina copy data into own structures.

What troubles you?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com