SQL Dump and Restore

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 30 10:06:11 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan:

	No matter what I use...VString, VText or VBlob...my descriptive story field
will not be restored properly.
	I have written a routine that does reconstruct the line and I have been able to
view the string [line beginning with INSERT into...ending in ); ] in a editfield and it
looks fine....but will not insert.

	In the code I sent with the first example....where I am using a BLOB field and
the line appears to have been constructed properly....no insertion.

	I am cutting and pasting the text from the text editor and/or Appleworks..into
an editfield.

	I am attaching the offending INSERT into line...it executed it without crashing
(sometimes)...but it never restores that record.
Insert.txt is the reconstructed blob field and Insert2.text fails whether the field is
vtext or vstring.

	My staff table does get restored the properly from the same SQL dump file.

	The data stored inside the database is fine..pictures, text or strings for
recalling.

	I then used your front end to dump the sql file and found that the offending
field had a 'vc' with the cedilla under the 'c' or in another case your dumping added a
'Z' at the beginning of the field.

	What is going on?

Thanks Chuck