[VSRV] unknown address?

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Fri Aug 29 07:34:48 CDT 2003

Hi Igor,

>>>   Why does the server return <unknown> for the client address in
>>> server.DatabaseInfo(i).ClientInfo(i2).Address (V4RB), and also in the
>>> server logs for "Connection established with ..."?
> That is you don't use DNS system in your network (if your
> computer is a part of some network)

These LAN addresses don't resolve to names, and all I need is IP
addresses.

>> Igor was going add one more flag to Vserver "disable DNS",
>> This can speed up something as I know.
>> MySQL have such flag.
> This flag can resolve this problem (I hope next build will have this
> .ini-option).
> Then if you set DisableDNS = 1 you don't see any clients' URLs.
> Instead you will see its  IP-addresses.

Are you saying we cannot disable the DNS lookup yet, or is there some
way I can disable the lookup now? How about if a lookup fails, for any
reason, that you return the IP address. Because not all IPs resolve to
names.

Thanks,
Tim