Error 524 - kOBL_ExpectedBONotFound, what is it?

Rodrigo Hjort rodrigo.hjort at actumplus.com.br
Mon Aug 25 09:31:01 CDT 2003

Greetings!

What does error "524 - kOBL_ExpectedBONotFound" mean?!

I tried to open a Valentina database which features:
.vdb ~ 65 kB
.dat ~ 600 kB
.ind ~ 320 kB
.blb ~ 47,6 MB

when the method VDataBase.open() is called, that error is raised.

How could I fix it up?

PS:
- using VJDK 1.9.8, Win98, Java 2 SDK 1.2.1_04
- the database isn't corrupted, 'cause it is opened by a Macromedia Director executable
- I created another database (in the same folder) and opened it - works perfectly
- the database might be in an older format version, but does it matter?

Best regards,

Rodrigo Hjort
rodrigo.hjort at actumplus.com.br
rodrigo_hjort at yahoo.com