Status of 2.0 client

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 25 09:24:57 CDT 2003

on 8/25/03 2:05 AM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

> Hi Ruslan. I've just come back from vacation and I figured I should
> try the V4RB client, since I'll have to upgrade to that to use
> Unicode when it arrives.

Actually this is not right,

You will need V4RB Client, ONLY if you going to use Valentina Server with
your app.

If you do not want Vserver you still will be able use
"V4RB 2.0" (not client).

> Anyway, I substituted the new 2.0 alpha client for V4RB and compiled.
> Amazingly, it compiled and ran (I already converted to the new sql
> parameters) -- but then immediately crashed. What do I need to do to
> prepare my app for the new plugin?

Okay,

Right now I will prepare new builds of Server and all Clients
And upload them. Then please try once again.

IMPORTANT:
I wonder, you simply have RECOMPILE your app?
This is not enough. You need now send into constructor of Vdatabase
Parameters HOST, USER, PASWORD
Please look into example and docs.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com