[VSRV] ImportText, ExportText

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 22 00:39:06 CDT 2003

on 8/22/03 12:18 AM, Tim Davis at timdavis at amug.org wrote:

>>> I believe this is not implemented so far.
>>> As I see it, this methods will Export file on CLIENT computer, agree?
>>> And import also...
>>> On the other hand may be they can work on server side?
>>
>> I'm not sure what it would mean to work on the server side at present;
>> how is the client supposed to specify a file?  Having VServer make
>> this possible would have the makings of a nasty security hole.
>
> I think that client-side makes the most sense. I suppose in the rare
> occasion of wanting to process files server-side, it could and probably
> should be done with a server-side app. Just my 2 cents.

Agree.

Igor will implement these functions.

*********
I assume Dump and LoadDump also not implemented.
And here I thin we have even more strong problems.

If file is located on client computer, it will be a lots of work to create
db on server...the same for dump...

Any ideas?

I think this tasks have sense only for Admin and to be executed on server
computer directly.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com