Cannot Modify Encrypted Database without corruption?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 18 14:53:46 CDT 2003

on 8/12/03 23:05, erobar at earthlink.net at erobar at earthlink.net wrote:

> I'm finding that if I encrypt a database (data encryption, not structural),
> then if I execute any statement that requires write access (e.g. "UPDATE tb1
> SET fld1='blah'"), the database ends up being corrupted.  It happens whether I
> execute the SQL through RealBasic's db.SQLExecute() method or the baseobject's
> tb.SetBlank, SetString, AddRecord/UpdateRecord methods.
>
> If I un-encrypt, run the commands, and re-encrypt, then I'm fine -- but I do
> NOT like leaving the data so exposed.
>
> Anybody else run into this?

Hi Liz,

Nope, this is new info.

What version you use?

Have you try to run _TEST example?
It have some tests on encryption.
You can comment out all other tests and see if TEST works for you.
If yes, you can try see difference with your code,
Or you can try change TEST to reproduce problem and send me project.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com