VNET

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 18 12:33:14 CDT 2003

on 8/15/03 11:54, Olly Wenn at olly at zolv.com wrote:

Hi Olly,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> A couple of quick questions if I may...
> I notice since I last spoke to you that there is a beta of V.NET on the
> site for download. I have had a play with this and I am very impressed,
> but the documentation PDF is missing from the site. Is this available?

PDF is not ready yet. Only examples.

To get into Valentina you need read
1) Valentina Kernel pdf
2) Valentina SQL.pdf

And you can read for now "Valentina COM.PDF", although there are differences
with VNET.

> Secondly, I have a lot of data I want to get into a Valentina database,
> as quickly as possible - about 600Mb of import files ;-)

> If I create an empty database and import via the ViSQL tool, it is
> pretty quick, but if I write a c# app to read the import file and do a
> load of INSERTs it is many many times slower. Is there a bulk insert
> command or procedure that I should be looking at? If not, I can't
> understand why the ViSQL tools is so much faster than my own. Any clues?

All is simple.

ViSQL do not import file self. It use
        Vcursor.ImportASCII() function that can import any delimited text
file COMA, TAB, ...

I believe this function must present in the VNET.
Please check Vcursor class, if no let me know and we add it.

> Thanks in advance - and finally - any idea when the V.NET will be
> available for purchase? It rocks and I want it NOW!!!!! ;-))))))

Well, we can prepare it for sales tomorrow if you need it so urgent.
:-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com