VXCMD - Can't Create DB in Windows - FYI

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Aug 18 10:12:05 CDT 2003

>Using both 1.9.7 and 1.9.8 on Windows with MetaCard and the VXCMD Test
>Project that comes in the download, I try to create a database called
>"Test.idb" at "c:\test.idb" and I get back an error 123. When I changed
>the nativePath() function to replace "/" with "\" in Windows, it worked
>fine. I suggest you update your VXCMD accordingly.

That a known issue. Creating or opening database requires a path
native to OS not the universal format used by MC/Rev. I think the
function supplied in examples corrects it only for Mac systems, so it
is the example that needs to be fixed. The vxcmd doc was supposed to
mention that but apparently Ruslan hasn't done it so far.

Robert