[V4Rb] SQLSelect problems

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Wed Aug 13 20:28:55 CDT 2003

Charles Yeomans wrote:

> Although the V4Rb documentation states that the options for
> VDatabase.SQLSelect are ignored for V4Rb 1.9.8 (i.e. local
> databases), this appears not to be the case.  What I'm seeing is
> that for a cursor having a single record, changes to a cursor are
> ignored, even though its ReadOnly property is false.  If I do
> specify the parameters for VDatabase.SQLSelect, the result is
> error 362 (kFBL_RecordNotFound).

What parameters are you using, Charles?  I'm successfully modifying existing records with V4RB 1.9.8 with a local database here.  I believe Ruslan recommended using "kV_Server" for local databases, which is what I'm doing.  My parameters are usually:

    kV_Server, kV_NoLock, kV_Random

(which is apparently equivalent to V4RB pre-1.9.8b9).

-- Erik