How to Update a record and not get orphan segments?

Frank Schima frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com
Tue Aug 12 07:17:19 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 11:01  PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On 8/11/03 Frank Schima wrote
>
>> Are you calling Flush on the database immediately after the Insert?
>
> No I am not.  Is that required?

No, but I believe that you need to call Flush eventually. It is
certainly good practice to keep your database healthy. The question is
how often to call it because it is relatively slow. For instance when
performing database changes in a loop, you generally want to call Flush
once after the loop. I would recommend you try it in your case since
you are seeing minor database corruption.

HTH,
Frank