How to Update a record and not get orphan segments?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Aug 11 20:40:34 CDT 2003

I have a question about updating records in Valentina and not getting orphan segments.  I am using Valentina 1.9.8 (latest version) and Revolution 2.0.2.  I have also done tests using the latest version of ViSQL.  I am on OS X.2.6.

I have a table with a field named Text which is of type Text; segment size:1024; language: English and indexed by words.

If I execute the following SQL in ViSQL:

UPDATE Section SET Text = '<p>test</p>' WHERE RecID = 1

I then open the DB in Valentina.  The data has been properly inserted but the Diagnose report says there are 7 orphan segments in the Section table.

I experience the same problems when executing similiar SQL in Revolution using:

put Valentina ("Database_SQLExecute", <db info>, SQL, 2,1,2) into tDBCursor

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

If anyone has any pointers it would be appreciated.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com