[V4RB]Diagnose report file stay in use until I quit

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Mon Aug 11 07:37:57 CDT 2003

Francois Van Lerberghe wrote:

> I've a problem with the command "DIAGNOSE DATABASE".
>
> The first time I issue the command, the report file is generated,
> but the file stay "in use" until I quit the Realbasic app. Thus
> issuing the command a second time doesn't generated anything new
> because the existing file cannot be deleted.
>
> I use RB 3.5.2, V4RB 1.9.8, MacOS 9.1 The command in the database
> subclass is just
>
>   dim i As Integer
>   i = me.sqlExecute("DIAGNOSE DATABASE")
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?

I'm trying the same here with Rb 5.2.1, V4RB 1.9.8, and Mac OS X 10.2.6.  I'm not encountering any actual errors in the process; and, since the output generated is the same (no changes to the database), it's hard to tell for certain.

However, I think I'm seeing the same problem since the modification date/time of the output file "Diagnose report.txt" does not change.

Are you getting an actual "file in use" error somewhere, or how are you determining that this is happening?

Erik