BLOB_ReadData

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 7 19:13:25 CDT 2003

On 8/8/03 Ruslan Zasukhin wrote
>> I can't find a reference to the Field_GetString call in the XCMD docs.  I
>> tried the call using
>>
>> get Valentina("Field_GetString", fieldRef)
>>
>> but it didn't work.  When I use Field_GetValue or Cursor_GetField the contents
>> of Text fields with lots of data seems to be truncated.  Is this normal
>> behavior or have I set something up incorrectly?
>
>Aha, correct. Field_GetValue() works for all fields.
>
>I have look, no, it must work for big strings also.
>No limits as I see.

Hmmm, any ideas what could cause the text being returned from being truncated?

My setup:

1) Fetching data from DB with following query "SELECT RecID, Name, Text, RelatedText_Ptr, Location_Ptr FROM Section Where RecID = X"
2) Populating an array then displaying results in a field.  I use the following to get the value of the text field:
    put Valentina("Cursor_GetFieldRef", dbResult, "Text") into fldRef
    put Valentina("Field_GetValue", fldRef) into dbArray["Text"]
3) Database has no errors reported when I diagnose it.
4) I am using version 1.9.8 of the VXCMD
5) Field that is giving me problems is defined as:
Text[1024] Language: ASCII Indexed

Problem I am seeing:
1) With Text fields that are really long the text returned is a fraction of what it should be.  If I look at the record in Valentina I see all of the text.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with any limits within RR itself since other records will return longer strings of text then the one that is truncated.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia