How string are stored

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Thu Aug 7 17:40:29 CDT 2003

le 7-08-03 17:21, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> a écrit :

> In fact each data file has flag in the first byte.

Can I store data in MacOS, copy the .dat file in Windows, open it (using the
Windows .vdb file) and continue to store data in this platform, copy again
the .dat file on MacOS, open it (with he MacOS.vdb file) and read all these
data on MacOS ? Is it allowed ?
Are you able to interpret correctly the data ?

>> Have you made some change between 1.8.10 and 1.9.8 ?
>
> Wow, 1.8.10. Old enough.
>
>> Because for my X-platform needs, I use a native .vdb file (created on Mac in
>> the MacOs, created on Win in the Windows OS) and transfer (copy) only the
>> .dat file across the platform.
>
>> With 1.8.10, this worked like a charm. With the 1.9.8 this seems to be
>> broken (I've not enough time now to test more).
>
> Then we need more tests.

Ok. If you say this must work, I will find time in order to test this.

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin
Belgique