BLOB_ReadData

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 7 03:13:05 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have a question regarding the VXCMD and Blob_ReadData.  I am using the VXCMD with Revolution.  In the Valentina VXCMD Ref docs it says:

BLOB_ReadData( fldRef, MemBuffer, BytesToRead )
Read from the BLOB field into MemBuffer the specifid number of bytes. You are responsible
that BytesToRead is NOT greater than size of MemBuffer, otherwise you can get a
crash or RAM corruption.

and gives this example:

put Valentina("BLOB_GetDataSize", fldPhotoRef ) into blobSize
put Valentina("MemBuffer_Allocate", blobSize ) into blobValueRef
get Valentina("BLOB_ReadData", fldPhotoRef , blobValueRef, blobSize )

What I am wondering is how to get at the data from the BLOB field in Revolution after it has been read into MemBuffer?  I have everything in my code working up to that point but now I'm stumped.

Also, do I use BLOB_ReadData for Text fields as well?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia