UTF support sheduled to 2.0

jda jda at his.com
Mon Aug 4 16:40:15 CDT 2003

>Although I should point that still exists many BIG apps that still do not
>support Unicode. Unicode is still in the process of establishment.

I know. But that is also an excellent reason to adopt it as soon as
possible -- there is a large demand for it that is unmet (in the
database world especially), and those that do will prosper. Our major
competitor uses 4D as their database engine, and one of the
complaints I often read about it is that it can't deal with Unicode.
So making our app Unicode-savvy will be an advantage that should help
us gain market share (and the same goes for Valentina too, of course).

Jon