UTF support sheduled to 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 4 22:54:35 CDT 2003

on 8/4/03 22:22, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

> RS's database sucks. But it is being redone for 5.5. And Joe has
> intimated (not promised) that it will be unicode-savvy, which makes a
> great deal of sense now that RB uses UTF-8 everywhere. That alone
> will be cause to give it a good look. I love Valentina, and I love
> Ruslan's attitude and work ethic (easily the best developer I've
> worked with), but inability to deal with Unicode is a killer for me.
> I hope I'm wrong, but...

Jon,

I do not want to be ruddy, but I think RBDB will never serious competitor to
Valentina.

Nobody say that Valentina can do all tasks in the world.
We have limits. You know this limits.

If RBDB is or will be better of Valentina at least for some tasks
then no doubts some developers will use RBDB. No offence here.

---------
And I just still not very understand...why for RB 4.5.3 you was able live
with no Unicode, and now you simply die without this ???

I can understand that you now need convert to/from unicode,
Yes more works for you. But where is FATAL PROBLEM ???

For our Windows products VCOM and VJDK we self inside of this products also
convert Unicode strings that come from windows to the single-byte language
as Valentina expect. And nobody die...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com