VSDK.framework 1.9.8 problem using VDK_String = assignment

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Sun Aug 3 23:44:35 CDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 10:55  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 8/4/03 5:17, Matthew Jew at mjew at icnc.com wrote:
>
>>> Do you have strong reasons not to switch to GCC 3.3 ?
>>>
>> No strong reason. I normally try to use the tools as Apple ships them
>> so that I have fewer problems working with code from other people.
>>
>> Are there instructions about how to get GCC 3.3?
>
>> From ADC account.

Ruslan,

I installed GCC 3.3; that fixed the problem with your Example1.
However, my project continued to show the malloc error.
I spent many hours comparing the two projects and made them as similar
as I could, but could not eliminate the malloc error from my project.
I made all the target settings and compiler options identical, but still
had the malloc error.
In fact, I copied your example code into my project, and within my
project, your exact Example1 code showed the malloc error.

However, I found out that if I created a brand new project in
ProjectBuilder
that the new project would NOT have the malloc error.
I then copied all my source code into this new project, and it runs
without
the malloc error. So the problem seems to be fixed.

I looked at all the target settings, and cannot see any differences
between
the old project and new project; one just seems to work and the other
doesn't.

Oh well, although it would be better to understand the reason, I
suppose just
having a workaround is good enough.

- Matthew