Idea on Picture preview

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 1 12:44:57 CDT 2003

Hi Jochen,

I did get few ideas on how go away from this high rows and still be able see
pictures and their preview:

1) In the result window you can add pane on left.
    similar to MS Windows pane on left where is located some info.
    fileMaker also have such pane.
    OS X 10.3 will also have such pane.

    This pane of course can be hidden on user request.
    This pane can be used for different jobs of course.
    So point is that for CURRENT record this pane can show previes of
    pictures in the vertical order.

2) idea 2 adds more flexibility for above.

    Vstudio do have special window (like property window).
    it can be resized by user as he want.
    This should be floating pane may be.

    So, when user watch some cursor / table records,
    that "Picture Preview" simply show ALL PICTURES fields.
    If table have 10 Picture fields, then we see 10 pictures.
    And this looks exactly like in iPhoto !!!

    I can resize window to see 2 columns and 5 rows,
    or 1 row and 10 columns, or  column and 10 rows.
    my choice.

Next, this can be tunable.
Assume Table have 10 pictures, but user want to see only 2 picture.
So why spend time to read all 10 pictures, uncompress them, build preview?
User must be able set up this Picture window to show only selected fields.
This is easy implement.

Of course then come to mind -- predefined sets of selected picture field.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com