[ANN] 1.9.8 RELEASE and docs.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 1 12:09:21 CDT 2003

on 8/1/03 10:29, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:

> fredagen den 1 augusti 2003 kl 06.53 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:
>
>> This was hard release because there was changes in API in the major
>> part --
>> SqlSelect()

> Just to warn you, This is a major trap.

> I fell threre and some other fell there too. Look in your source and
> check the headers for the new params.

Totte,

I am sorry, I have not understand your point.
You warn me or all other developers?

If others, then
YES, problem is that there is no any error or warn thrown.
Because SqlSelect() have default values for that 3 new parameters,
And your old source WILL be compiled, but can change behavior.

For c++ developers, I think it is possible trick:
    in VDK_Database.h comment default values for SqlSelect()
    then compiller will show you all places where SqlSelect is called.

Although all developers can do simple FindAll of "SqlSelect" and examine if
this cursor modify records or not.

This will add more strictness to your code, btw.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com