PLEASE REPORT: on testing of Server once again!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 30 09:57:54 CDT 2003

on 4/30/03 2:42 AM, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:

> More data points:
>
> (1) I ran the project using different names in different locations, all
> generating the same error 9.
>
> (2) I ran the project in RB 5.1 with the same results, error 9 in IDE, and
> works in a compiled app. What's interesting (besides that it works with the
> new compiler :-) in this is that in RB5, an IDE run is compiled outside the
> IDE and launched in a separate memory space.
>
> (3) The error seems to be strictly with the client:
    Oh!!!

    this are KEY WORDS!
    what a stupid I was!

    I did this that this string "error 9" come from Server,
    but it definitely comes from V4RB plugin.

> After successfully creating database1 in compiled app, if I go back to IDE
> and try 'Open' command, I get the same error 9.
>
> After successfully creating database1 in compiled app, if I go back to IDE
> and try 'New' command, I get the same error 9
>
> In fact, when I run the project in the IDE without the server even running
> and select New or Open, I get the error 9.
>
> (4) To follow-up on Robert's note, .errnumber is 9 so you are catching it in
> V4RB. The errorstring is empty.
>
> So it appears to be a V4RB client generated error happening before an event
> ever gets out to the server. The vserver.log file for the server does not
> show it, but opening the OSX console app does show it:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Keith, you are genius!

1) I will add to V4RB also prefix "V4RB: error 9"
    so we will be able differ messages from different apps.

2) Yes, as Robert and you mention error catched in db object,
    so this is V4RB Client problem.

Now I know where to search.
Deal is that we use GUSI library that emulate UNIX socket for Carbon and
Classic targets. As you know MacOS Classic and Carbon do not have sockets.
So problem is located somewhere on this library calls.

3) I think compiled V4RB Windows app will work with your servers,
Because WIN target use simply sockets of Windows.

Okay, now I know where to search.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com