[VSRV] Successful install

Fred.Stephenson Fred.Stephenson at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 30 08:40:36 CDT 2003

Ruslan,
Everything ran smoothly installing on
G4 server running OSX Server 10.2.1.

Vserver a6
V4rb client a6
Rb 4.5.2 Mac OSX running in IDE on the same machine.

I overwrote the initial vserver_macho_beta folder
launched vserver and this time it created the "ini" file.
set verbose to 4

-Quit Vserver and relaunched - it created the Master
-Ran the "single table " example
-Selected "New" in the file menu.
-Quit the application
-Checked that Database1 had been created
-rel-ran the "single table" example
-created the 100 records
-ran the query
-selected quit to return to the ide
-the console showed the spinning wheel - had to force quit. I now
realise that I hadn't quit the vserver and that it was still writing
like mad...
getting info on Vserver.log states that the file is 215 MB on disk
So you won't be getting that ;?) as I only have a crappy out in the
country french telephone line connection.

However it just seems to be full of handle input and handle data lines

Now I'll try connecting from another machine but i think I'll set verbose to 3

any further info that you need???

Fred