[VSRV] Error 9? - That's all??!!??

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Apr 29 20:07:05 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

on 29-04-2003 19:36, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

>> I've got an app out (made with plain old V4RB)
>> and some OSX users (most of them on dual G4 macs)
>> say they just can't get the default database to be built
>
> Eren, I have not catch.
> This is new problem in new version of your app?
> Because of new version of V4RB or why ?

not new...  some users did report this from time to time

not related at all with this vServe thing

>> Needless to say I don't know how to reproduce this
>> so I filed their cases in the "desperate" box
>>
>> now I don't know if what they get is this error 9 (bad file desc) thing
>> but... who knows?
>
> I also have DUAL G4
>
> So if your users 100% cannot run your project, and know steps.,
> I can try self here.

I told you my info was useless ;-)
I don't know how to reproduce this at all
I'm not even sure dual G4 is significant or just coincidence

They just report they can't run my app
they get my file error message on first open
(my app creates its database on first open in the Application support
folder)

if you have the time to check you can download the latest beta of my app at:
http://www.apimac.com/sw/address_book_x_b.sit

(should it not work I'll try to strip some code to send you)

Thanx for listening

Cool Runnings,
Erne.