Corrupted DB?

Frank Bitterlich bitterlich at gsco.de
Mon Apr 28 16:24:53 CDT 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 4/28/03 4:01 PM, Frank Bitterlich at bitterlich at gsco.de wrote:
>
> > Hi Ruslan,
> >
> > I've got a problem with a database that leads me to believe it is
> > somehow corrupted, but doing an XML dump/LoadDump didn't fix the problem...
> >
> > The symptoms: In one of the tables I have a DateTime field that refuses
> > to sort or search correctly. If I do a search (in VAPP) for "04.03.2003
> > 00:00:00", VAPP returns more records than expected, including
> > 04.03.2003, but also others. At first glance, it looks like all records
> > for 2003 are returned.
> >
> > Also if I sort on that field (VAPP again), it sorts roundabout the first
> > half of the records correctly, but from some point on, the rest of the
> > records are more or less unsorted.
> >
> > In an application that uses the DB I have similar problems, however I
> > can't quite nail them down exactly. It just that a few functions that
> > depend on correct SELECT/ORDER BY-behaviour, produce strange results.
> >
> > I'm using VAPP 1.9.6 (for testing only), the DB was created by and is
> > used daily with V4RB 1.9.5. The Date format I'm using is DD.MM.YYYY, if
> > that matters.
>
> May be it is time to upgrade?

Nope, not in _this_ app :) It's a legacy thing, and I don't want to risk
breaking something in it.

> > Any ideas what could be wrong all of a sudden? Want me to send you a
> > copy of the DB?
>
> Yes send it to me (I hope it is not huge :-)

On the way (just 200k stuffed).

Thanks,
   Frank+++

--
Günter Schmidt & Co. oHG
Frank Bitterlich             eMail: bitterlich at gsco.de
Schlosserstr. 4              WWW:   http://www.gsco.de/gsco
D-60322 Frankfurt            Tel.:  069 / 156809-29
GERMANY                      Fax:   069 / 156809-28