Corrupted DB?

Frank Bitterlich bitterlich at gsco.de
Mon Apr 28 15:01:43 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I've got a problem with a database that leads me to believe it is
somehow corrupted, but doing an XML dump/LoadDump didn't fix the problem...

The symptoms: In one of the tables I have a DateTime field that refuses
to sort or search correctly. If I do a search (in VAPP) for "04.03.2003
00:00:00", VAPP returns more records than expected, including
04.03.2003, but also others. At first glance, it looks like all records
for 2003 are returned.

Also if I sort on that field (VAPP again), it sorts roundabout the first
half of the records correctly, but from some point on, the rest of the
records are more or less unsorted.

In an application that uses the DB I have similar problems, however I
can't quite nail them down exactly. It just that a few functions that
depend on correct SELECT/ORDER BY-behaviour, produce strange results.

I'm using VAPP 1.9.6 (for testing only), the DB was created by and is
used daily with V4RB 1.9.5. The Date format I'm using is DD.MM.YYYY, if
that matters.

Any ideas what could be wrong all of a sudden? Want me to send you a
copy of the DB?

Thanks,
   Frank+++

--
Günter Schmidt & Co. oHG
Frank Bitterlich             eMail: bitterlich at gsco.de
Schlosserstr. 4              WWW:   http://www.gsco.de/gsco
D-60322 Frankfurt            Tel.:  069 / 156809-29
GERMANY                      Fax:   069 / 156809-28