[VSRV] How to add to server EXISTED database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 28 10:35:25 CDT 2003

on 4/28/03 12:42 AM, Nichole Pinkard at pinkard at umich.edu wrote:

> 3) question: I see few other database in folder vserver_dbs.
>   where are they from ?
>   they was created by server, or they have existed before, and you have
> move them here.
> the other files are files that I moved there.  I moved them out of the folder
> for this test

Hi Nichole,

Aha, I have forget point very important issue.

IF you have a Valentina database made e.g. By REALbasic, or VAPP,
And you want put it under Server, you need do steps:

1) put database files into your folder of Vserver catalog

2) Vserver must be quite.

3) open master.vdb by VAPP and check table Databases.
You need add here record:

    { DbName      DbPath }

This table contains at least of record, so you have example.

IMPORTANT, later in your calls of db.Open() you need use NOT full path to
this database, but simply its name.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com