[V4RB] Changing Database structure

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sun Apr 27 02:14:07 CDT 2003

Hi Stan,

Am Sonntag, 27.04.03 um 01:00 Uhr schrieb Stan R. Busk:

> I wonder what is the best way to convert an existing static database
> once you add a new field to one of its tables. I guess you need to
> write a tool that create a new file with new structure, open old file
> with old structure and copy all data from the first to the latter. Am
> I true? Is there a better / easier way?

I don't know whether it is easier or not. It is your decission.

I do the following:

Opening database and checking which version database is.

If databaseversion is not the actual one then calling update-method
after update-method until the database-version is actual.

After that I give the message (information) that the database is
updated.

thats it.

When you want to get more information or example code. tell me.

bye

Claudius