[ANN] Valentina Server alpha 2 + V4RB +V4MD Clients

Mike Albert malbert at asia.apple.com
Sat Apr 26 17:18:24 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I tried to convert my RB project over as this seemed fairly simple (I really like the design and changes for the cursors).
I managed to get it to create all databases from new through the Server but when I quite and tried to open them from within my app I kept getting an error.

Initial testing seems to indicate that opening a database file that has a space in the name is not working...strangely the files are created ok with the space in them.

As a second test I took your sample project and changed the "Database1" file name to have a space in it....same problem.  I would really like to test further but do not want to change all of the names of my existing DB's.

Additionally, I am suspcting that the vserver.ini file does not like to try and resolve path names that have spaces in them or that are aliases to other directories.
(I did try and backslash the pathnames with spaces but it doesn't seem to help).

regards
Mike