[ANN] Valentina Server alpha 2 + V4RB +V4MD Clients

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 26 02:41:27 CDT 2003

Hi Guys,

I am glad to inform you that now on our web site we will be able find links
to alpha/beta page of Vserver.

On Valentina for REALbasic and Valentina for Director beta pages now present
links to clients.

* On Vserver page please note Vserver.pdf -- a brief instructions for
server.

* Note, that now we have both MAC OS X and Windows servers.

* Note, that V4RB_Client should work on all 3 platforms:
Classic/Carbon/Windows. And it can work with any server of course.

* V4MD_Client exists also for 3 platforms Classic/Carbon/Windows.
Classic version I cannot upload now, because FTP say long name. :-(
I hope tomorrow I will find a way.

* Use console app to see messages from server.
    On start use VerboseLevel = 3

*** NOT IMPLEMENTED and KNOWN ISSUES: ***
- Pictures
- V4MD SetMedia/GetMedia
- Record Locks.
- float field between platforms corrupts.
- Encryption for Server-based database seems to be not needed, so it is
disabled.
- Import/Export commands of cursor not implemented yet.

All rest API which you know seems to be working. This means that about 95%
of current Valentina 1.x functionality work already for Valentina server
alpha. We have test all field types, including BLOBs and Binaries, and all
seems to be fine.

* NOTE, before I have told that you will need switch to SQL commands like
INSERT, to work with server. This is NOT true now :-)
You still can use the same simply API of VCursor class and be happy.
I.e. You can simply do:
            cursor.AddRecord()
And this will work fine with Valentina server.

**** We invite all developers that have wait for Valentina Server
**** start to test it.
**** I want underline, that although we name it Valentina server
**** alpha, it is based on Stable Valentina 1.9.7 kernel.