[V4RB] SQL Queries/RB5.1/Unicode

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Fri Apr 25 22:41:43 CDT 2003

Am Freitag, 25.04.03 um 20:42 Uhr schrieb jda:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried both methods unsuccessfully. The query works fine as
>> long as the queried valentina vvarchar field doesn't contain any
>> accented characters. For example one record contains the word 'metá'.
>> If you look for records containing 'met' velentina returns a cursor
>> with the correct record. If you then look for 'metá', resulting
>> cursor comes empty. Both words 'met' and 'metá' are taken from an
>> edit field. There is no change if I try to convert from UTF8 to
>> MacRoman, or guessing both encodings first or to default system
>> encoding (0).
>
> I just did this:
>
> 1. Entered text into an RB 5.1fc4 editfield as "metá"
> 2. Save to a Valentina db TEXT field with language set to English
> 3. Search -> select * from references where thefield = 'metá'
>
> and found that reference.

I use German with ASC>127 it doesn't worked here So I use

meineDatenbank.TUserDB.FirstName.value=
ConvertText(EditField1.text.trim, GetTextEncoding(0))

and when I have an Cursor I use

Cursor = database.SQLSelect(ConvertText(SearchString,
GetTextEncoding(0)))

then this workes, too.

When I fill in an EditField some database.varchar I don't convert
because RB is doing that

EditField1.text= DB.Table.Field.GetString

with this way I can also open databases created with RB 4.5.3

bye

Claudius