[V4RB] SQL Queries/RB5.1/Unicode

Stan R. Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Apr 25 13:43:08 CDT 2003

Hi,

New RB5.1 uses Unicode UTF8 everywhere, this is great! But when you
take a string from an edit field to be part of an SQL query and this
string contains an accentuated character, it always returns 0 entries
found (works fine with raw ASCII characters though). I have tried to
convert this string in many ways unsuccessfully, basically from UTF8 to
MacRoman. I almost tried everything getting wrong results like char "à"
converted to "a'" and so on...

When I guess a Valentina VVarchar field encoding it returns Base=&hA01
with Variant=0 when it contains no accentuated chars but nil when it
does!

I know UTF8 support is being added to Valentina and I will likely then
convert all my database strings to it but on the meantime I would like
to know how could I make it work with my current database strings,
basically how can I take an UTF8 string and add it to my SQL query
securely?

TIA, Stan

--
MAX Programming, LLC