[ATTN] Valentina Server + V4MD + Pictures

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 23 13:55:16 CDT 2003

Hi Director developers,

We work now on V4MD Client for Valentina Server.
It already works, so all fine so far.

Only question now to consider -- pictures.
I want get aby advice from you to move in correct direction.
I'd like to hear your dreams :-)

How it works now:
* Director give to Xtra a BITMAP picture.
    On MAC this is PICT
    on Windows this is DIB.

* Valentina Xtra now compress  BITMAP picture into JPG
    on MAC it use QuickTime for this.
    on Windows it use JPG LIB (100 KB additional size).

Now let's think how to do this in Valentina Client.
Assumption are:

- size of V4MD Client should be as small as possible, because it will be
shock wave safe.

- For now size looks to be about 300KB.

- if we add JPHLIB we grow to 400KB.
    IS THIS very important and vital?

-- if no, then no problems,
    Client will create JPG picture and send it to Valentina Server.
    And back, server will send JPG picture, Client will unpack it to bitmap.

Also I think about supporting of other format types.

In dream we must be able read/write from Valentina server any picture
format: JPG, GIF, TIFF.

Valentina itself will be able do this task in such API as C++, PHP, ..

** Question is -- if for Director developers this have any sense at all?

Director XDK cannot give us GIF, JPG self.

So Does exists any third party Xtra that can use V4MD developers to prepare
on Disk (or better in RAM) pictures in this formats ???

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com