[V4MD] method field

Henning Pertiet valentina at pertiet.de
Sun Apr 20 09:32:05 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

> I do not understand what is your problem.

Of course not because I didn't explain my problem. Thought I would
find it myself - but I don't.

> Method works not correctly ?

Exactly.
Let my try to explain:

I created a database (sometime ago already) where I have for example
the following:
field: bearb VarChar 25
field: titel VarChar 504
field: text  Text    1024
field: rtftext  Text 1024
(now I changed the Text properties in VAPP, when I delete the entry it automatically
puts 128 into the field segmentsize)

And I have a method field: allfields CONCAT(bearb,titel,text)
At first I put VarChar 504

Now in my application I have this sql for searching:

vSQL = "SELECT DSID,bearb,titel,text FROM berichte  WHERE \
  (allfields  LIKE '" &sstringA&"' no_case) AND \
 (allfields LIKE '" &sstringB&"'  no_case) AND \
(allfields LIKE '" &sstringC&"'  no_case) ORDER BY titel "

What I didn't notice is that - for example - a word at the end of a
long text would not be found.

Now I tried to change the fields propertys to :
allfields Text 128

But that doesn't work. (VISQL crashes and in DIR I get an error at
when I try to access the cursor)
Sorry if these problems might sound primitive but I really don't
understand

Regards

Henning

--