Newbie alert - Creating databases in Lingo

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 23:12:21 CDT 2003

>>Thanks for the proofread.  what's incomplete about the CreateDatabase line?
>

>>on CreateDatabase
>>   -- ValentinaSetExtensions([ ])
>
>...where does the above handler end in your example?

AHHH.  That's doing nothing.  I should nuke it.  You are sorta
allowed to do things like that in Lingo but it's bad form.  I talked
to M. Shepherd and once he told me to never do that and once he said
it's not a big deal.  I don't normally code that sloppily and don't
recommend it but I think it's been reported that you can get away
with it if you feel the need to.  Icky though.

--
- Zav
Now in national syndication.