Dealing with a change in language/encoding

jda jda at his.com
Sat Apr 12 07:56:42 CDT 2003

>This operation -- "change of Language" -- is operation that modify db
>structure.
>
>Therefore, you need Upgrade your databases to __new__ version of
>
>     Db.SchemaVersion
>
>You do not need import/export.
>
>You need just do correct steps with SchemaVersion.

SchemaVersion is just a number that we (the developer) uses for their
own tracking purposes, right?. Are you saying that Valentina will
modify the db structure automatically when the old db is opened, but
that we are responsible for making sure that the schemaVersion
(assuming we use it) is modified accordingly? In other words, I think
you are saying that there is nothing we explicitly that we have to do
to convert between languages/encodings. Sorry to be slow, but is that
right?

Jon