V4RB ... SQL really

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Fri Apr 11 02:33:39 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 02:16  AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> In fact I wonder that such simple question "IS NOT LINKED" should be
> made in
> such complex way in standard SQL. Also I think any DBMS will be able do
> above query in the best possible way.
>
> I think for Valentina must be invented something special.

So what of the alternative I asked about in my 2nd post? [more
completely] ...
	SELECT * FROM tableA WHERE tableB.RecID = 0
Given, that is that the link is by way of a vObjectPtr.

And if that works should ...
	SELECT *, tableB.RecID FROM tableA
enable one to check whether any resultant records have related records
or not?

As for the matter of what my testing would have shown something not to
work ... I'm writing the code to put data into tableB right now, then
I'll be able to test these queries :)

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name
of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
                                            M K (Mahatma) Gandhi