V4RB ... SQL really

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Fri Apr 11 01:00:37 CDT 2003

G'day Folks

Can someone please tell me what SQL where clause you would use to get
all the records in table A that have *no* related records in table B?

Am I right in thinking that to get records that have a related record
I'd use ...
	WHERE tableA.RecID = the_Ptr
& if so could I use ...
	WHERE NOT tableA.RecID = the_Ptr
got records with no related records?

Also could anyone offer starting tips on the SQL for method fields? I'd
like to use this for some fields are concatenations of other string
fields & some that are the results of arithmetic [+, -, *, / only]
operations on others. Can these things be done with method fields?

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name
of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
                                            M K (Mahatma) Gandhi