[Vapp] empty tables

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 3 19:26:35 CST 2003

on 4/3/03 5:21 PM, Nathan Friesen at nfriesen at dyton.com wrote:

> I have a database with about 75 tables in it, which I've created with
> Director. When I'm using it in Director everything seems to work fine,
> and I can retrieve information from any of the tables. When I open the
> database in the Valentina Application (carbon) I can only access the
> first set of tables I created (about 30). In the developer window the
> other tables show up in the Object list, but when they're selected they
> are red, and in the Browser window they aren't in the Object list. When
> I do a Diagnose Database, everything comes out as all right, and when I
> select one of the "red" tables and do a Diagnose BaseObject it comes
> out as all right, and all of its fields are listed in the Diagnosis
> Report.
>
> I don't know if it would affect on the tables, but after each group of
> tables I quit the Director application (and close the database) and
> make a backup so I can revert back to it if there are any problems. It
> appears that after reopening the database, and tables that are added
> aren't available in the Valentina Application.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong to cause this? Thanks

Hi Nathan,

This means that Valentina think that this BaseObjects are not complete.

This only happens if you have in such BaseObject at least one ObjectPtr
which do not have specified Target BaseObject.
Check this.

I assume that you DO NOT use this ObjectPtr fields.
If yes, then you must be able simply delete them.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com