Can't Open “VSDK KERNEL.mcp” with CW IDE

Andreas Grosam agrosam at computerworks.ch
Wed Apr 2 15:00:59 CST 2003

Hi All,
Hi Ruslan,

I´ve a problem opening the VSDK_KERNEL.mcp project with CW (from VSDK v1.9.8b3 - but previous versions have the same problem, too).

I'm using CW IDE from version CW 8.3 and I have to convert from an older project format when attempting to open this project file.
After converting, the IDE fails to open the project with error message

"File Error 206004
Unable to open project. Directory could not be found."

The problem occures both on MacOS X and MacOS 9.

This is a known problem in CW IDE. (search Google, Groups -> "206004")
<http://groups.google.de/groups?q=206004&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche>
There are some assumptions arround why this can happen. It looks like that there are full paths specified in the project file which do not exist on the current system.
Unfortunately, the CW IDE aborts when it detects this and the project will not be opened so that we can not fix that issue within the project file itself.

Ruslan:
I'm not sure if enabling the check box "Save project entries using relative paths" in the "Target Settings" panel within the target preferences will actually help - but - if this is not done already, please give it a try.

As I can see in older versions of VSDK - which I can open for some reason ;)  - this flag is not enabled. This means that full paths will be stored in the project data which might rise that problem when the project will be moved to another directory which is typically the case when we copy the VSDK package to our HD.

If anybody knows some other hint - this is certainly wellcome to be posted!

Best regards
Andreas