Use existing field as foreign key in the diagram view

Pretzlaw pretzlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 16 04:08:14 CDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I like VStudio because it is much faster than the MySql Workbench with
almost the same capabilities.

Today I wanted to create a database diagram. Unfortunately VStudio
doesn't seem to look up the existing foreign key, so I add relations by
hand. Now I came up with something like this:

The type of connection is shown 1:n and it's bound to the primary key
but as I edit the script of this link:

|-- CREATE LINK "lnk_wp_comments_wp_commentmeta" ----------------
ALTER TABLE `wp_commentmeta`
ADD CONSTRAINT `lnk_wp_comments_wp_commentmeta`
     FOREIGN KEY (  )
     REFERENCES `wp_comments`( `comment_ID` )
     ON DELETE Cascade
     ON UPDATE Cascade;

the foreign key is missing.

*How do I add the foreign key in the diagram view?*
I want it to be |comment_id| in the wp_commentmeta table.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mike