Valentina Report -- .vsp file format, multi-language Labels in reports

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Mar 16 02:19:04 CDT 2012

On 3/16/12 2:25 AM, "Trisha Duke" <trisha.duke at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Trisha

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> fantastic!!!

>  one last question for the day....... is it possible to save the
> vsp file in a human readable format??

.vsp file is in fact a Valentina database, just with other extension.

It have one record, each record contains XML description of report layout

> and then in rb code read the report text
> file in and do some replacement of certain word eg label to a different
> language??

This will be not best solution I think, because it is manual and linked to
RB code ....

> my application is written in english but can be change to other
> language (french, german etc)
>
> you have been such a great help.

So it seems you have a new feature request:

    ability to specify multi-language lables in reports,

Yes?

Best of all place this request into our Mantis bug tracker
And we will think together how implement it in best way ...