Sorting out Val Studio Part 2

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:25:39 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
wrote:

Vstudio tries to open some RECENT db and cannot find it.
> You can clear Recent Menu items I think.
>
> Actually after first such start I think Vstudio should self forget such not
> existed dbs..

But in my case I've created only one db with Studio, then when I've finished
I've Quit Studio. Now every time I come back it tells me it can't find it,
but as I said, it's there in the Schema Editor and I can work on it.

Also, when I tried to Clear Recent, it caused Studio to crash.

> No I want ask what version you are using? :)
>
> May be try latest 3.6 b20

As I mentioned in my previous post. I purchased Val 5 Nov 06 so I believe
the latest version I am entitled to run is 3.4 - this is the one I am
running.

I am not a professional developer, so upgrading is not a simple decision for
me. I'd prefer to go back a version, maybe 3.3 or 3.2, if these were more
stable than 3.4?

> BIG ADVICE.
>

> Sometimes if install newer version over existed one, OS (or installer) do
> not override existed dlls.
>
> So please
>
> * trash Vstudio.app  -- this is the only location you need trash.
> * well, you can trash also Prefs file of vstudio.
>
> Then install or RELEASE 3.5.3 or latest beta 3.6b20
> These both are quite stable.

As mentioned in my first post. I started with a clean install of OSX 10.5
which has been upgraded to  10.5.3. A clean install of Rev 2.9 and then
installed Val + Studio.  I did have some problems, I think because of old
versions of Rev which had Val hiding in various places, so I did a search
for 'valentina' and Trashed everything I found. That also included removing
lines in text files that contained valentina. I then did another install of
Val and it worked - well except for these problems I'm having.

On the other hand, I did not Trash Studio as my initial problem was that Rev
didn't find Val, when I:

put the externalPackages of stack "home"

Valentina was not on the list. So I trashed everything except Studio and
only installed Val again. So I'll Trash everything again including Studio,
install Val, then install a clean Studio and see if that makes a difference.

Weekends here so enjoy, I wont expect a reply until Monday :-)