Sorting out Val Studio Part 2 -- triggers

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 13:34:53 CDT 2008

On 6/19/08 5:30 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> 8) Can not seem to be able to create a trigger using the Studio GUI, but if I
> go to the SQL Editor  I can enter the SQL code and the trigger works, it even
> shows up in the Studio Schema Editor. *But if I click on it to get details
> about it, Studio will 'unexpectedly quit'.

Ivan, Igor, please check this.

> Well that should do for now :-)

> I really like the SQL Builder, it appeals to my visual way of problem solving.

Ok, although note that it have limits
    e.g. No way make OUTER JOIN. You need add that manually.

We have copy these limits from MS SQL, but we have idea how to significantly
improve builder to be able resolve query of any complexity.

> I've been doing some tinkering with Binary Links and I believe I'll be able to
> put them to good use. If you can help me get basic selects and updates to work
> I can then explore Valentina a little more.

Ok, BASIC updated and inserts this is from prev my letter?

Again, Please send us db to check it.